- Firstly, once your cakes arrive, put them straight into your freezer until you're ready to use them. Once you're ready, remove the packaging and let the cakes defrost. This should only take a short few hours.
- Next, you'll want to run a sharp knife through the incisions to ensure a clean slice. Even though we initially cut the cakes for you, you'll need to do this just to make sure you get the best straight edges possible.
- Now, it's time to display them! Make sure they're shown at room temperature, either covered by cake domes - which will prolong their shelf life - or covered in a patisserie fridge. You can also store the cakes overnight to help prolong shelf life.
- Try to avoid displaying cakes in direct sunlight or close to sources of heat - it'll just ruin them!
- All of our cakes are best eaten within three days of being defrosted, but they should last longer if stored correctly.
As ever, we'd love to see pictures of your displays once you receive your Cakesmiths package! The best looking might receive some extra brownie points!